Over the past 15 years, Young Global Leaders have gone on to lead their countries, serve their communities, launch groundbreaking initiatives, expand access to resources, and shake up traditional ways of doing business. We are always looking for exceptional leaders to join our community.
Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination for the YGL community. Our nomination period is currently closed. Please sign up if you would like to be notified when we reopen our nomination portal.
- The candidate must be born after 1 January 1984
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the business sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): President, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner or publisher.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
30 April 2021 - Nomination period ends. Nominated candidates may be invited to submit a short application and will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following their nomination.
June - July 2021 - The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review.
September - December 2021 - The selection committee and Young Global Leaders Advisory Group reviews top candidates.
March 2022 - A press announcement is released for the new class of Young Global Leaders.
* Due to the large number of nominations received, the Forum of Young Global Leaders only contacts successful candidates. Some candidates may be contacted as part of the due diligence process.