For almost two decades, Young Global Leaders have led their countries, served their communities, and launched ground-breaking initiatives to inspire new ways of doing business.
Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination for the YGL community. The nomination cycle for the YGL Class of 2023 is now closed.
- Are between 28 and 38 years old at the time of nomination.
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the corporate sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): president, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner or publisher. At the Start-up/SME level, chief executive officer of chair of the board is preferred.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
31 May 2022 - Nomination period ends. Nominated candidates may be invited to submit a short application and will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following their nomination.
June - November 2022 - The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review.
December 2022 - An independent selection committee reviews finalist candidates.
March 2023 - A press announcement is released for the new class of Young Global Leaders.
* Due to the large number of nominations received, the Forum of Young Global Leaders only contacts successful candidates. Some candidates may be contacted as part of the due diligence process.