Over the past 15 years, Young Global Leaders have gone on to lead their countries, serve their communities, launch groundbreaking initiatives, expand access to resources, and shake up traditional ways of doing business. We are always looking for exceptional leaders to join our community.
Do you know a leader under 40 who is making an impact on the world and innovating towards the greater good? Nominate them to join the Young Global Leaders Class of 2021 before 31 May 2020.
- The candidate must be 38 years old or younger.
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the business sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): President, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner or publisher.
- Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from their qualifying company every two years.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- 31 May 2019 - Nomination period ends. Following this nominated candidates may be invited to submit a short application and will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following their nomination.
- June-July 2019 - The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review.
- September-October 2019 - Shortlisted candidates are invited to an interview with members of the Young Global Leaders Advisory Group.
- November-December 2019 - The selection committee reviews the top candidates.
- January 2020 - Successful candidates are informed of their selection as a Young Global Leaders.*
- March 2020 - A press announcement is released for the new class of Young Global Leaders.
* Due to the large number of nominations received, the Forum of Young Global Leaders only contacts successful candidates. Some candidates may be contacted as part of the due diligence process.